This webcam is located at The Cross - Linlithgow's Town Centre
We apologise for the absence of the Linlithgow Cross webcam early in February... Problems outwith our control! It is now back in service.
The focal point in Linlithgow is The Cross, in the centre of the High Street. Its main feature is the Cross Well. The original was erected before 1553 but it was rebuilt in 1628, was damaged by Cromwell's troops in 1650 and was rebuilt again in 1658. The present well, a replica of the previous one, was constructed in 1807. It was restored to working order in 1989 and unveiled by Queen Elizabeth to commemorate Linlithgow's 600 years as a royal burgh
Behind the Cross Well is the Burgh Halls, on the site of the former Town House, which has recently been refurbished and converted to a Community Arts Centre.
The north west corner of The Cross is occupied by Cross House, built in 1700 and now used for church an community meetings.
Between Cross House and the Burgh Halls the Kirkgate leads up to Linlithgow Palace and St Michael's Church.
The remaining wiews from this camera are to the west and east along Linlithgow High Street.
Linlithgow Canal Centre Webcam
For more information see these other websites:
Please click here if you are getting a message that states "Sorry, this website is not authorised to display this Streamdays webcam."
The installation of this webcam was funded by West Lothian Council.